VSee download and installation instructions for Mac computers using the Chrome browser.
If your host is using our VSee platform, this must be installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. VSee only needs to be installed once per device.
You will be automatically prompted to download and install VSee when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us at [email protected] (please include your timezone and that you want to test VSee).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. If you are an account holder, log in--you will automatically be shown your Dashboard. In the lower left-hand corner of the page, use the "Install VSee" button. (If you're logged in but on a different page, click on the "Videoconference" tab to navigate to your Dashboard.)
If you are a guest for an upcoming session, you can download VSee from our main Support page, using the "Install VSee" button in the lower-right hand corner.
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download VSee" button in the lower right-hand corner.
3. In the lower left-hand corner of your Chrome window, you should see "vseemac.dmg" start to download, with an estimate for how long it will take. When it has finished downloading, click on "vseemac.dmg."
4. Once you click on vseemac.dmg, it should quickly unarchive the file.
5. A disk image of the installation should appear in the same folder you downloaded the file to (in this example, it is the Desktop). Once it has finished downloading, it will open automatically.
6. In the installation window that appears, click on the VSee icon and then drag it to the Applications icon on its right and drop it.
7. Double-click on the Applications icon to open your Applications folder, and check to make sure that the VSee file is there.
TIP: The first time that you launch a session from Chrome, it will ask you for permission to launch. Tick the box next to "Always open links for URL:VSee Launcher" before clicking "Open URL:VSee Launcher" to allow VSee to start, and to prevent the message from appearing again.
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on January 25, 2016.