Zoom download and installation instructions for Chromebook computers. Chromebooks are ONLY supported for participants of a session. If you click an "Enter Waiting Room" button to join sessions, then you are a participant! You may join sessions on your Chromebook using an invite or access code, or a participant account.
Session hosts cannot use Chromebooks. If you use an "Enter Meeting" button to join sessions, you will need to use another of our supported devices.
If your host is using our Zoom platform, this must be installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. Zoom only needs to be installed once per device.
You will be automatically prompted to download and install Zoom when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us your available times at email@example.com (please include your timezone and that you want to test Zoom).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. As a participant for an upcoming session, you can download Zoom from the "Waiting Room Page", using the "Install Zoom" button in the lower-left hand corner.
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download Zoom" button in the lower right-hand corner.
3. You should be taken to the Google Web Store to add the Zoom app to Chrome.
4. When prompted for permission to install, click "Add app".
6. When the installation is complete, go back to the waiting room page you were on, and click "Enter Waiting Room".
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on September 16, 2016.