Zoom download and installation instructions for Chromebook computers.
If your host is using our Zoom platform, this must be installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. Zoom only needs to be installed once per device.
You will be automatically prompted to download and install Zoom when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us your available times at [email protected] (please include your timezone and that you want to test Zoom).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. If you are an account holder, log in--you will automatically be shown your Dashboard. In the lower left-hand corner of the page, use the "Install Zoom" button. (If you're logged in but on a different page, click on the "Videoconference" tab to navigate to your Dashboard.)
If you are a participant for an upcoming session, you can download Zoom from the "Waiting Room Page", using the "Install Zoom" button in the lower-left hand corner (or you will also be prompted if you try to click "Enter Waiting Room").
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download Zoom" button in the lower right-hand corner.
3. You should be taken to the Google Web Store to add the Zoom app to Chrome.
4. When prompted for permission to install, click "Add app".
6. When the installation is complete, navigate back to the page you were originally on, and
- If you are an account holder, click "Enter Meeting" (below left)
- If you are a participant, click "Enter Waiting Room" (below right)
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on February 2, 2019.