Zoom download and installation instructions for Androids.
If your host is using our Zoom platform, this must be installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. Zoom only needs to be installed once per device.
You will be automatically prompted to download and install Zoom from the Google Play Store when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your timezone and that you want to test Zoom).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. If you are an account holder, log in--you will automatically be shown your Dashboard. In the lower left-hand corner of the page, use the "Install Zoom" button. (If you're logged in but on a different page, click on the "Videoconference" tab to navigate to your Dashboard.)
If you are a guest for an upcoming session, you can download Zoom from the "Waiting Room Page", using the "Install Zoom" button in the lower-left hand corner.
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download Zoom" button in the lower right-hand corner.
If your Android asks how you would like to complete the action, select "Play Store".
3. Use the "Install" button on the right-hand side.
4. On the message that appears, use the "Accept" button in the lower right hand corner.
5. It should start installing, like in the below image.
6. Once it finishes (like in the below image), close the Google Play Store and return to Chrome, and click "Enter Meeting" (if you are the account holder) or "Enter Waiting Room" (if you are the participant).
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on June 29, 2016.